Thursday, October 11, 2018

What Am I Saying With My Eyes?

Let's focus on more than simply changed behavior.

As a parent, I need to regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies and tools that I use with my kiddos.  It's not enough to just see changed behavior, I also need my child to be growing in relationship with me.  I need to be promoting trust.

Our eyes send some intense messages and can be used in a myriad of different ways.  Am I intentionally using my eyes to help my child feel valued and precious?  Do my show my child that I am safe?  





Additional Resources:

Foster/Adoptive Parents: The Connected Child

All Parents: No Drama DisciplineThe Whole Brain ChildPeaceful Parent, Happy Kids

For more individualized help, contact us:  Village To Village Parent Coaching

No comments:

Post a Comment